We are accepting applications and referrals for our inaugural Foundations class. We are actively soliciting candidates from art teachers, community creatives, and social advocates across Columbus and its suburbs. Take a look at the qualifications below and send us all your burgeoning powerhouses!
• 18 - 22 years old
• Preference to BIPOC, LGBTQIA+, and/or minority applicants
• Has a creative bend or strong interest in fashion design
• Driven and motivated to succeed
• Opted out of the college route
• Has had less than ideal support systems and/or access to opportunities
Each class will hold sixteen students. Students are selected through applications and referrals. The program is free of charge for participants. All classes are held on Saturdays from 12-5pm. The first 10-week session is January 14, 2023 through March 18, 2023. Transportation, meals, and snacks are provided.
The program is supported by corporate sponsorships, community donations, and direct support from Franklinton Press
Help us build our first Foundations Class! We are building our first class of 16 students through recommendations from the community. We’re looking for those diamonds in the rough that have what it takes, but maybe not the support (or access) to make it happen. If you know someone that fits this description, send us an email with your name, the candidate’s name and contact information, and a few sentences about why they would be a good fit.
• Referral deadline: December 2, 2022
• Candidates notified: December 16, 2022
• Classes begin: Saturday, January 14, 2023
Help us build an equitable and representative creative business scene in Columbus, Ohio!